Profile image for MIKENEWS

This is not intended as solely a snipe at Hampton & Richmond FC but they’re my one of my local clubs and I’ve been there a couple of times this season.

I can’t understand how local clubs such as Hampton (again to stress all are guilty of this) can justify the ticket prices - £10 for an adult but more dishearteningly £5 for 12 to 16 year olds and then £3 for 4 to 11 year olds.

Where’s the community spirit? I know Hampton does a lot of good work in the junior ranks of the game and I guess this might be part of the reason why this irks me.

Shouldn’t 4 to 11 year olds always get in free? Ditto the older age group although I accept the club needs to make money so how about they get in free during half terms, Christmas or to every second home game through some sort of loyalty card?

They’re the future of the game, the club and our community so it would be good to see each playing its part to do something to encourage them.

By MIKENEWS at 10:27 on 21/10/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for IanDGeorge

Hmm, I actually think the prices are OK. You are right that it would be great to charge next to nothing to get the kids into the habbit of attending, but I bet the bank balance at Hampton isn't great. I go and watch Brentford usually, which only costs £20 to stand or £22 to sit. It isof course better quality football (sometimes!), but I think most people can afford that these days.

By IanDGeorge at 17:20 on 25/10/10

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent