This group explores the psychological aspects of self-image, in particular, our face and whether we feel the need to use make-up. The notion that the leading force behind cosmetic use isn't how well the products work, it's our emotional response to them and how they affect our self-esteem.
- Let's discuss this very powerful tool... 'make-up'. What does it mean to you? Is it a tedious process or can't you leave the house without your 'face on'? Does it cover up a disatisfaction you have about yourself and does it affect your confidence and does it impact on your self image?
- Let's talk about our issues around make-up, why we like it, why we need it, why we don't. Let's explore our fears about make-up and whether we feel we need to hide behind it.
- Let's get together to also celebrate make-up, have fun with it and give ourselves permission to enhance our natural beauty with it. Let's talk about products, colours, looks, techniques, make-overs and make-unders. There is a need to teach good application of make-up and also a need to explore the positive emotional association related to self-image and self-esteem.
Over time this group will include focusing on your features and learning how to highlight them. Techniques are taught and topics discussed to support and influence you in how you see and feel about yourself, thus creating a well-balanced, confident and resilient woman.
Looking good leads to feeling good, feeling good leads to EMPOWERMENT.
Joining this group, you will learn to:
- Feel confident with the use of make-up
- Make the most of your make-up bag
- Create natural looks that men love
- Develop different make-up routines
- Create opportunities to share and receive your recommendations
- Re-vamp yourself to be who you really are
- Increase your self-confidence
- Explore and portray your own individuality
Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013